Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thundershirt Review

Roxy tested out a a heather grey thundershirt. It was very easy to put on and take off. As a lot of you know Roxy doesn't like you to take her clothes off so this was good because i didn't have to put it over her head to take it off, It just Velcro's on and off. She has been using it on and off for the last few weeks and she seems more relaxed at the pet store and during car rides when she wears her thundershirt. Tonight she used it while it was thundering it I put it on her right away and she stopped barking and simmered down and relaxed. The thundershirt is supposed to help problem barking in which Roxy's case it did a pretty good job. She was also better behaved in the car when she wore her thundershirt. The thundershirt seems to be able to calm Roxy down very quickly. Also it still works, actually maybe better when I put on one of Roxy's sweaters on over it because she loves being girlie. I imagine the pink Rugby thundershirt would work even better then the grey thundershirt for Roxy because she seems better behaved also when she has on stylish clothes and is 100% girl and loves to show it. Overall I was impressed with the thundershirt. It is drug free and recommended by thousands of vets and trainers. It is only $36 for the heather grey thundershirt. It is $41 for the pink and navy blue rugby thundershirt. You can also get your dogs name embroidered on his or her thundershirt for an additional $10. You can purchase a thundershirt for your dog at:  http://www.thundershirt.com/OrderNow/ and other online stores. Thundershirts come in sizes xxs to XXL, Roxy wore a medium and it fit her very nice. For more information you can visit:  http://www.thundershirt.com/  or contact me if you have any questions

Disclosure:  I was provided a medium heather grey thundershirt for Roxy to be able to do this review and all thoughts and opinions are strictly my own and I wasn't compensated in any other way.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Its great to hear that the Thundershirt had some effect. I have wondered about it for Bella who is petrified of everything - fireworks, thunder, hot air balloons etc. Might have to give it a go!

Donna and the Dogs said...

Thank you for reviewing this product. It is something I have been considering too, but the dog I want to use it on, Meadow, doesn't even like to wear a jacket in the winter, and I am afraid the shirt might scare her more than the thunder!

Katie said...

Donna the instructions that came with the thundershirt was to give your dog treats before,you put the shirt on the dog and then once your dog is wearing to make your dog realizes positive things happen when they are wearing it, I didnt have to do that because she wanted to try it on all I had to do was velcoe it in 2 places and she was set to go. It is also very light weight so they can wear it all year, when Roxy went outside in the cold she had to have her coat over it. Hope that helps you decide if you should try it out or not.

Lynda said...

I have a real problem with my pug when we ride in the car. She jumps all over the place and won't settle down. I cannot tell you how many times she has disengaged the gear shift and almost caused and accident. At home, she is a couch potato, but in the car, she is a hellion. I am wondering if the Thundershirt would help her. I am going to look into it. Thanks for posting this review.
lyndaclark81@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I would love to try this with my dog, but I am really skeptical it will work with my extremely anxious dog... I actually just got my dog some doggy prozac at the vets today to help with his anxiety over fireworks and thuderstorms...